Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Nana

Sorry I have been MIA. Here is my update why:

First I was hoping to recover from the wonderful DS Scrappy Weekend in which I got some scrapping done since Shelia G. took care of most of the on site hosting. Thank You Shelia! But then I got a frantic call from my mom, Sunday night. My 91 year old Nana passed out for some unknown reason. My mother performed CPR and someone called 911. Nana was rushed to UCLA Medical Center. All I knew by the early hours of Monday was that Nana was in lots of pain and nothing not even the max dose of Morphine could help.
We don't know much more on why she passed out it could have been related to her dementia. Good News is she is making a fast recovery even though she still has a lot of pain. And for some reason can not feed herself (maybe related to the pain?) We still don't know when she will be released.

Hopefully after all this craziness I can start on my recovery from the retreat and lack of sleep, if that is possible with a 2 month old. Soon our regular updates and information about September's Retreat will start.

No comments: