Friday, March 13, 2009

I am off: Scrapbook Royalty's Slumber Crop

I stole most, if not all of this post from Jennifer Priest... she has all the good information. Plus along with Scrapbook Royalty, she gave some goodies away earlier this week. Check the post below to see if you won.

In a couple of hours I'll be heading out to help set up for the Royal Slumber Crop down in San Marcos, CA!!! And then I'll be cropping for 2 days straight!

I am leaving, now since I still have things to make for my Flower bed and need to check into my hotel room before the final set-up this afternoon.

This will be my 4th year attending Scrapbook Royalty's big annual fundraiser (haven't been to that many) --wow, I can't even believe it has been that long. SBR has grown and grown, and just become more and more of a daily part of my life. Sometimes it is overwhelming working for "free", as all SBR volunteers do, but then I step back and look at the accomplishments of the charity and all the volunteers and I remember how I feel honored to be a part of such a great organization. And I have made some awesome friends along the way too! And attended some really awesome events (and planned them) too! AND we have raised almost $150,000 for various charities over the years! After this weekend I am sure it will be over $150,000!!!

So I am almost all packed for the event but I just wanted to share some goodies I made for my WhoGAS pals. Last year I made these cute little WhoGAS pins for every who went to our Fantasyland Crop For Kids and this year, I did it again! Only this time, the pin is attached to a mystery goodie box! I am so excited to get my goodies box... if you want to join our WhoGas group there is a link on the right hand side of my blog. We have a lot of fun on the boards as well as scrappin' together.


I've also got surprises for a couple of special people, Donna and Cheryl (i won't share last names so you'll have to be guessing if it is you or not --hehe). AND I will be sponsoring tea time with Girl Scout cookies!! And finally, I am doing Fairy Fly Bys to help promote my classes and etsy shop. Katie and Xaver packed them all for me last night--wow! 150 FFBs ain't no joke! Katie is coming with me--this will be an adventure for sure!

I feel for Jennifer! I made 150 FFBs for Desert Scrappers Weekend Retreats and 150 FFBs for Close To My Heart plus all the goodies bags and decorations for my Flower Bed. Thank goodness for my "Fairy Godmother" helper Crystal Deckard. Who so nicely volunteered to help me with my table, setup and many other duties. And of of course YEAH for strong and helpful hubbys who load all of our heavy scrap goodies. Hopefully you have someone at home to help you unload, you sure are going to need it after this weekend of scrapbooking, fun, give-a-ways, classes and charity!



YOU CAN STILL DONATE!

I (Jennifer) will get the email on my Blackberry letting me know you donated via Paypal so I can cut a check right then to give to SBR. My friend Maria Getz is still trying to reach her goal of $500 in donations--we can help her EXCEED that!! Just click the button below and Paypal will walk you through the process.





If you donate through this link please let me know 760-791-6304... so I can help Jennifer cut some of the checks. Thank you for all your kind donations and support.

One last thing: I have a small goodie for everyone who finds me at this event... so be sure to ask!

No comments: